Sindo Modo Sido
- Sindo / Modo / Sido (Islands)
The three islands Sindo, Modo and Sido are referred to as the 'Three Brother Islands'.
They were connected by bridges in 1992 to become the brother islands.
Even though they became brothers, each island has its own atmosphere and environment.
Thanks to their unique charms, all three islands have served as filming locations for popular TV dramas and movies.
Sets from the TV drama ‘Lovers’ can be found on Sindo, and sets from ‘Full House’ and ‘The Sad Love Story’ are on Sido.
In addition, Baemikumi Sculpture Park on Modo is well known for featuring in the movie ‘Time’ by director Kim Ki-duk.
Thus, traveling to these three islands, Sindo, Sido and Modo, is a journey to experience the touching scenes seen in Korean dramas and movies.
Also, because these three islands are linked by bridges, you can cycle between them if you wish.
The set for ‘Full House’ is still decorated with actual props from the drama.
You can feel like the hero of the drama and take photos.
The set for ‘The Sad Love Story’ is located on top of a hill that has a great view of the end of Sido Island.
It is only 500m away from the ‘Full House’ set.
□ How to get there
- Unseo Station → Bus No. 221-1 (departing 40 minutes past every hour)
→ Sammok Wharf
- Unseo Station (Yeongjong Telephone Office) → Bus No. 710 (every hour on the
hour and every half hour) → Sammok Wharf
□ By sea
- Boat to Sindo, Sido, Modo Island departs 10 minutes past every hour, and
leaves the island every hour on the hour
- fee: 4,000 won for adults and 2,600 won for children
- Bus No. 221-1 (Yeongpung Bus) ☎ 032-568-5551
- Bus No. 710 (Gangin Bus) ☎ 032-578-1738
- Sejong Shipping Co., Ltd. http://www.sejonghaeun.com/ ☎ 032-884-4155